Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Bri's Site-Specific

April 25, 2023

I have been thinking about connecting various sticks together by using dead grass as a binder. However, this may change.

Bri are you still struggling? The issue with this idea is will you see it? What about bringing materials that are really colorful to the space you are considering?  Think Christo? Email me if you are still stuck.



April 19, 2023

I've been struggling a bit with this project, and I think it might be the location I am struggling with. I want a place with a few resources of materials. I would still like to make the piece from ephemeral materials, so I have been thinking of the area around the River Greenbelt. Specifically, a little "island" in the river. The water is fairly shallow on one side of it.



April 12, 2023

I took a couple more images of the area/space I think I would like to work with. I was thinking about working more with the spiral form.






April 4, 2023


Site 1

I know it may be difficult to see, but I was thinking about creating spirals branching off of one another. I thought about painting rocks in an environmentally friendly material. 


Site 2

In this one I thought it was interesting to utilize the stumps, however, I would not paint directly onto the tree. In this piece, I thought it may be interesting to somehow show the trees communicating.


Site 3

Here is my third idea, I wanted to create some sort of spiral leading to the water, and as the water runs it can make it look like the material is melting away.




I was inspired by the artist Andy Goldsworthy.






 March 28, 2023

Here are my images of some places that for my site-specific. 

Site 1 

This site is near my apartment and I enjoy the red dirt quite a bit. 

Site 2





The site is either a part of a golf course or a park, but I found the formation of the trees to be interesting. 

Site 3




This site is near a park, and I'm not quite sure if I would like to work with the bridge or something around the water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Angela - Site Specific

04/05 UPDATE All done! Glad to have finished off the semester with a brighter, lighter, and more fun creation. The following is my statement...